Thanatotherapy is an area of contact with a process of dying and Death itself; the main goal of Thanatotherapy as a method is to make this contact full and real. Everyone knows that one should die; nobody believes that one will die. Thus the transition from "permanent" state of dying to a terminal (final) phase is a great emotional and physical slock.
Concept of Thanatotherapy
Тhe phenomenon of right, natural dying lies at the base of Thanatotherapy, as well as the idea of biological and social body. Life and Death are nothing but two sides of the same reality. When we try to ignore Death we deprive ourselves of the great source of energy (i.e. energy of fear of death).
born 1954, graduated from Moscow State University (Department of Psychology) in 1981. Psychologist, body psychotherapist, thanato- therapist; Coordinator of the International "Body Culture" Programm; trainer of long-term programs in body psychotherapy and thanatotherapy.
Phone/Fax: +7 (903) 728 99 24
Basics of Educational Program on Thanatotherapy:
1. Main characteristics of natural (right!) dying - complete relaxation, passivity, being an object, switching off the overcontrol.
2. Biological and social body. The four basic problems of the social body: overcontrol (head), contacts (hands), sexual relationships (genital area), grounding and support (legs and feet).
3. Biological breathing. Death breath.
4. Types of Death. Sleep as death.
5. Types of Death. Orgasm as "minor death".
6. Fear of Death.
7. Mapping of the Death process.
8. Work with terminally ill and people in agony. Balance between "sanation / termination" processes.
Manual on Thanatotherapy
includes the description of Thanatotherapy tools and techniques as well as analysis of individual experience in the group.
Mapping of Death Process:
Guide maps for Thanatotherapy group members are being built based on the analysis of the their experience. The goal is to explore and to get more oriented in the worlds of Death.
Fear of death is stimulating
What is thanatotherapy and how does it relate to death? How to stop being afraid of death without blocking the mandatory self-preservation instinct? Editor of Pravda.Ru Inna Novikova talked about this with Vladimir Baskakov, a psychologist, thanatotherapy, director of the Institute of thanatotherapy and the author of a unique methodology.
Copyright © Баскаков Владимир 2011-2021